About Hampton Tiller
Hampton is the managing partner of Whittington Tiller Law Firm. In addition to the day-to-day meeting with clients to help them with their legal matters, he is also in charge of making sure the Firm, as a whole, operates smoothly and in accordance with the vision and values of the Firm.
Hampton’s practice is mainly focused on transactional law and estate/business planning, which includes real estate transactions, estate planning, business and corporate law, probate administration, trust administration, and firearm trusts.
Hampton received his undergraduate degree from the Darla Moore School of Business at the University of South Carolina, where he majored in accounting, which allows him to better understand the financial and operational issues involved in the transactional and estate planning areas of law. He stayed in Columbia to attend the University of South Carolina School of Law where he earned his J.D. in 2020. Hampton then went to work for a Myrtle Beach area law firm that handled a high volume of real estate closings, where he learned the ins and outs of real estate closing and title matters. He then joined Eddie Whittington to form Whittington Tiller Law Firm LLC.
A Palmetto State native, Hampton grew up in the Nichols area of Horry County. He and his wife, Ashley, recently got married in the Florida Keys (2022), as they both have a love for warm weather and blue water. Together they have four dogs, who they love and spoil. Hampton is a die-hard Gamecock fan and enjoys traveling to Carolina games, playing golf, and spending time with friends and family.
Areas of Practice:
- Real Estate: Closings, Contract Drafting and Review, Transactional Drafting, Deed Drafting, Easements and Right-of-Ways, Lease Drafting and Review
- Estate Planning: Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorneys, Living Wills, Health Care Powers of Attorneys/Proxies, Elder Law, Asset Protection, Firearms Trusts & Planning, Business Succession Planning.
- Probate Law: Estate Administration, Trusts Administration
- Business and Corporate Law: Choice of Entity, Incorporation and/or Formation, Contract Drafting and Review, Transactional Drafting, Policy and Company Handbook Drafting, Business Succession Planning
- Firearm Trusts: Trusts for the transfer of guns and/or NFA Trusts
- South Carolina, 2020
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, SC
- J.D. - 2020
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
- B.S.B.A, cum laude – 2017
- Major: Accounting
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Wealth Counsel, Member, 2021 – Present
- Marion-Mullins Rotary Club, Member